Monday, 30 July 2012

Cow Bones On Your Cornflakes?

While my foodie thoughts have recently been on the bacon on my rolls and the milk in my tea, this chance discovery has reminded me what a nightmare it can be if you're veggie - as well as the importance of reading lists of ingredients before buying a product rather than when it's all been wolfed and the packaging's going into the recycling.

I once paid a herbivore pal a visit offering him a gift of a big box of liquorice allsorts. I was told never to darken his door again. Or I may have forced myself to eat all 500g. I forget which.

One of Toddler's favourite books is Ketchup on Your Cornflakes?

I bet if I try telling her you get breakfast cereal with boiled cow bones in it, I'll be laughed at. In this context ketchup on cornflakes seems perfectly reasonable.

No comments:

Post a Comment