Sunday, 24 July 2011

"It's going to get quite a lot worse before it gets better."

The words of a top retail adviser in this piece by the FT on how we're being squeezed by the increasing cost of fuel, food and energy bills.

I've always been the sort of person who considers the bigger picture so while I do worry about the cost of petrol, the shopping basket and SSE's price-jacking, I can't help thinking how lucky we still are given what's happening elsewhere.

It's our increasingly rarely used car's MOT this week but I won't be rolling my eyes at the thought of yetanotheruddybilltosnafflethewages. I will however be wondering - as Stephen Davies writing to the Guardian did - whether those who are well off really need all their loot and whether they wouldn't mind sending some of it where it's really needed?

No comments:

Post a Comment