Monday, 13 December 2010

Guilty Pleasures

To many people what I was doing in that steamed up car in a car park in Forres the other night was nobody else's business. How I get my kicks is private and each to their own.
 But in the interests of full disclosure (and before I am court martialled by a committee of Green Gods chaired by Judge Monbiot) I feel it necessary to explain...
 Last weekend The Toddler Who Must Be Obeyed had kept us on our toes round the clock (at least that's what it felt like) and promptly fell asleep in the car just before teatime. Silence is precious so Wife Features nipped into Tesco (other hideously large supermarkets are available - although not really in the Highlands unless you go to Elgin where there's an Asda) in Forres to stock up. Not before I'd popped into the in store branch of Costa for a soy capuccino.
 That's right. I sat in a car outside a Tesco while drinking a Costa coffee in a takeaway cup. And I loved it.
 I am birching myself as I type. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow.

No comments:

Post a Comment